Do you speak english? Alors, lisez !
Legal and Business affairs at Belga Films
The Belga Films group is active in the movie industry since 1937.
BELGA FILMS is the leading independent distributor in the Benelux. BELGA FILMS has developed a strong relationship with the most recognized international producers and studios such as a.o. Summit, Lion’s Gate, Europacorp, StudioCanal, Gaumont.
Activities range from theatrical to video distribution of owned catalog, but also other prestigious catalogs such as TF1 Video, Gaumont, SND-M6, Europacorp, Citel … And last but not least, exploitation of TV rights – free and pay TV – VOD, SVOD.
Perform and manage all required legal functions including advising, drafting, reviewing and negotiating, as policies and procedures, bylaws and transactional contracts and agreements relating to corporate structuring, deal structuring, securities and regulatory compliance, risk management, and the general business operation of the company.
Work with appropriate business, financial and other internal and external functions to ensure appropriate due diligence and risk management and ensure that the terms of agreements are in accord with market practices, company policy and applicable law.
Advice on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance, respond to all complaints made against the company where the matter involves a regulatory agency, and provide advice for and participate in negotiations with government officials regarding such issues.
Supervise and coordinate the work of outside attorneys and consult with them on sensitive legal issues.
Rights acquisition and digital development at Belga Films
Managing ongoing contractual relationships for the catalogue of Belga Films: independently draft, review and/or negotiate agreements relating to acquisition of rights and distribution (theatrical, video, TV and digital sales).
Researching and interpreting existing contracts; preparing contract summaries and database. Analyze contracts in response to business questions, as well as to provide necessary contractual/research information to other department members and company executives;
Handling business affairs matters with regards to digital sales:
- Provide strategic analysis of sales results and market analysis of the digital Home Entertainment sector (comparative analysis of the offers of all suppliers, strategy of the competitors);
- Awareness of the latest developments of the digital market and advising on future ventures in this area;
- Advising on licensing terms for digital sales (TVOD, SVOD, EST), TV sales and new or library acquisitions;
- Several years’ experience in legal & business affairs position(s) with a focus on Entertainment.
- Can do attitude with an open-to-feedback personality
- All-around business maturity
- Strong communication skills in writing
- French, English & Dutch
- Available in the short-term
Send your CV & motivation letter to email@example.com with the reference BF – LBA